NH DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES - DHHS
SEACOAST DISTRICT OFFICE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
50 International Drive
Portsmouth, NH 03801-9937
(844) 275-3447 Toll Free - 844-ASK-DHHS-Client Services Hotline
(603) 431-0731 FAX
PUBLIC ASSISTANCE PROGRAMS
(800) 821-0326 Toll Free - Local office
(603) 433-8300 Service/Intake - Local office
(603) 271-9700 Service/Intake - Client Services Hotline
HOW TO APPLY:Applications can be obtained in the District Office, online or by mail.
Applicants for expedited services or those traveling long distances may be seen same day.
Applications may be completed online at https://nheasy.nh.gov/
Applications can be mailed by contacting Division of Family Assistance. If applicant is unable to travel to District Office for interview, applicant can request phone interview by writing "Request Phone Interview" along with the reason why across the top of the mailed-in application.
EBT card services including reporting lost or stolen cards 1-888-997-9777
Qualifications vary by program
You may qualify for food stamps if your monthly income is less than: (income guidelines valid until Sept. 30, 2016)
$1276 - single person household
$1726 - 2 people in household
$2177 - 3 people in household
$2628 - 4 people in household
HOURS:Mon. - Fri., 8 am - 4:30 pm
DOCUMENTS:Varies by program but most want the following:
Proof of residency
Social Security Card
SERVICE DESCRIPTION:DHHS District Office responsible for public assistance programs such as:
*TANF (Temporary Aid to Needy Families) - Cash assistance given in the form of EBT card for families with children
*APTD (Aid to the Permanently and Totally Disabled) - Cash assistance for people who are disabled.
*MEDICAID - Medical insurance for low income children, pregnant women, and people with long term illnesses or disabilities
*FOOD STAMPS/SNAP - Financial assistance given in the form of an EBT (electronic benefits transfer) card that allows recipients to purchase non-prepared edible items.
*If client receives food stamps they are eligible to participate in the Food Stamp Employment and Training Program (FSET) which provides job search assistance, referrals to training programs and transportation reimbusement for job searches. Contact 271-0747 or 800-852-3345 x 0747 to apply.
*CHILD CARE SUBSIDIES - Financial assistance in the form of a partial payment to child care providers thereby reducing the cost of child care for working families.
*QUALIFIED MEDICARE BENEFICIARIES (QMB) - Individuals with lower incomes may qualify to have their Medicare Parts A and B premiums and all Medicare co-insurance and deductibles paid.
*SPECIFIED LOW INCOME BENEFICIARIES (SLMB) - Individuals with somewhat higher incomes may qualify to have all or a portion of Medicare Part B premiums paid.
*QUALIFIED DISABLED AND WORKING INDIVIDUALS (QDWI) - This program provides payment of Medicare Part A premiums for eligible working individuals with disabilities who are entitled to enroll in Medicare Part A, but who have lost Medicare Part A coverage due to earnings. Individuals eligible for QDWI may not otherwise be eligible for Medicaid.
*CHILDREN WITH SEVERE DISABILITIES (CSD): special coverage for disabled children under 18 or under 19 if attending high school or its equivalency full-time. The disabled child does not have to be living with a parent or relative to receive this coverage.
HOME CARE FOR CHILDREN WITH SEVERE DISABILITIES (HCCSD): for severely disabled children up to age 19 whose medical disability is so severe that they qualify for institutional care but who are being cared for at home. Only the income and resources of the disabled child are counted towards eligibility for this program. Commonly known as the "Katie Beckett" option.
- Child Care Expense Assistance
- CHIP Programs
- EBT Card Services
- Food Stamps/SNAP Applications
- Home/Community Based Care Waiver Programs
- Home/Community Based Care Waiver Programs for Children and Youth with Disabilities
- Medicaid (QMB, SLMB, QDWI)
- Medicaid Applications
- Medicaid Prior Authorization
- Post Disaster Food Services
- State Administered SSI Supplement Programs
- TANF Applications
SITE HOURS:Lobby hours: Mon. - Fri., 8 am - 4 pm
SERVICE SUMMARY:DHHS District Office for the Portsmouth area.
Other location(s) where PUBLIC ASSISTANCE PROGRAMS is offered:
- BERLIN DISTRICT OFFICE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
650 Main Street Berlin, NH 035702463
- CLAREMONT DISTRICT OFFICE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
17 Water Street Claremont, NH 037432280
- CONCORD DISTRICT OFFICE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
40 Terrill Park Drive Concord, NH 03301
- CONWAY DISTRICT OFFICE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
73 Hobbs Street Conway, NH 038186188
- KEENE DISTRICT OFFICE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
111 Key Road Keene, NH 034311712
- LACONIA DISTRICT OFFICE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
65 Beacon Street West Laconia, NH 03246
- LITTLETON DISTRICT OFFICE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
80 North Littleton Road Littleton, NH 035613841
- MANCHESTER DISTRICT OFFICE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
1050 Perimeter Road Manchester, NH 03102
- ROCHESTER DISTRICT OFFICE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
150 Wakefield Street Rochester, NH 038671309
- SOUTHERN DISTRICT OFFICE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
3 Pine Street Extension Nashua, NH 030601025
Other service(s) offered at this location:
- HEALTH SUPPORTIVE SERVICES | HEALTH INSURANCE PREMIUM PAYMENT (HIPP) PROGRAM(more info...)
- LEGAL SERVICES | CHILD SUPPORT ENFORCEMENT UNIT(more info...)
- TRAINING AND EMPLOYMENT PROGRAMS | NH EMPLOYMENT PROGRAM - NHEP(more info...)
The community resource directory information is up-to-date to the best of our knowledge.
However, you should always call the provider to confirm this information and make an appointment.
Be sure to confirm payment information with the provider, if payment is required.
2-1-1 New Hampshire does not rate, recommend or endorse any agency.
We simply provide information as a public service to those in need.